Cosc recognises the value in listening to the views of policy makers, service providers, victims’ representatives and victims. An opportunity to express views and to raise particular matters relevant to the national strategy was provided in November and December 2008 through the organisation of consultation sessions across the country. The schedule of consultations that took place is set out below.
In order to assist participation at a convenient location and to maximise the effectiveness of the consultations, Cosc issued letters of invitation to those organisations working close to a consultation venue. These meetings were facilitated by the Institute of Public Administration (IPA).
A report of the consultations is available to download here:
- Eastern Region - Fri 21st November 2008, Davenport Hotel, Dublin 2
- Southern Region - Tues 25th November 2008, Imperial Hotel, Cork;
- Mid-Western Region - Wed 26th November 2008, Castle Oaks Hotel, Limerick
- Midlands Region - Fri 28th November 2008, Tullamore Court Hotel, Tullamore
- South Eastern Region - Tues 2nd December 2008, Dooley's Hotel, Waterford
- Western / Northern Region - Thurs 4th December 2008, Sligo Park Hotel